Friday, July 31, 2009

Whole Foods is NOT coupon friendly.

I have found many more GREAT Whole Foods deals but will no longer be posting them until I receive an apology letter from Whole Foods.

When I attempted to check out the other day, I was halfway through using all my coupons, when I needed the manager to key them in and she simply said no. In my opinion, shes not very nice. She said it was too much of a hassle. I feel that the flaw in the system was pinpointed on me. No other grocery store has this problem. I was had to put everything back.

Also, I asked to talk to the store manager, and she said she was looking at my purchase from the other day, and I was ripping off the store. She said that I wasn't allowed to use coupons and the BENEFIT of a store discount. I'm pretty sure an employee benefit should in fact, benefit the employee.

It's not as though I am making fraudulent coupons or using them the wrong way. I am using them the way they were intended, one per item. I like to buy cases because I get them even cheaper. Ripping the store off? The store offers these discounts and coupons, if they're afraid for people to use them they shouldn't be offered. A lot of time and energy went into planning that trip as well. I went earlier in the day, wrote down prices and how many were in a case. I then went home, found coupons online, matched them with store coupons, cut tons of coupons out, went back to the store, found everything, waited to get checked out, half of my coupons rung it for them to say - No. For NO reason. The whole process took about 4-5 hours and they treated me like a criminal.

I will not be going back until I get an apology letter, and be able to use my coupons in peace.

If nothing is done, I will contact every manufacture that I tried to use a coupon for and tell them Whole Foods denied me the ability to use their coupon.

2 Comments:

At August 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

I'm sorry that happened. Did you contact corporate? I would have stood right there in the store and called corporate while standing in line. They have no reason to not take your coupons because it is a
"hassle" or to tell you that you are ripping off the store. That is calling you a criminal. If they say something like that to me, then I would tell them to call the police, because that's what you do with "thieves." I would be very upset too, and corporate needs to be contacted.

 
At August 3, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Broke in the Bluff said...

I had a similar thing happen when a security guard tried to strong arm me in a grocery store. I didn't want to check my bag because I was only there to drop off plastic grocery bags for recycling. I contacted the grocery store's corporate office got the name of the security company and employee, time of day, etc.

When you contact the corporate headquarters, be nice, sound objective, and considerate. Make sure you tell them you are going to tell your friends why you don't shop there and why they shouldn't either.

I never got an apology letter from corporate concerning my incident, but the store manager did apologize to me when I came in the next time.

If all else fails, try to shop the chains. I have found my Kroger and local Target have a lot of Kosher vegan food that's cheaper than Whole Foods.

Best of luck to you, and keep blogging. I think your the only vegan couponer I've found so far.

Take care,

Veggie
Memphis, TN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home