Monday, July 13, 2009

I made my first purchase of the challenge.

I know some people went out the night before and stocked up. I thought about it- but it defeats the purpose of the challenge. Going out before and spending tons of money would mean you're not really saving money and challenging yourself. Ideally, I'd like to get my grocery spending down to $50.00 a week.

My first purchase was from Pick N Save:

Kashi Rice 1.09 - 1.00 coupon = .09 cents
Red Bell pepper 1.35
Wheat Tortillas 2.09
1 bag of Yellow Onions 2.69
Natural Ovens Whole Wheat Bread 3.19 -.50 coupon = 2.69
Total = 8.91

I'm somewhat disappointed, because the onions were suppose to be 1.99. Ohhh well.
What makes up for it was the Kashi Rice!! There are coupons for Kashi products on Kashi cereals. The rice was marked 50% off, to 1.09. This is going to be nice on double coupon day. I'll make around 5.00 which I can use towards produce!

1 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 2:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, Im interested in this rice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home