Sunday, July 12, 2009

While planning my next week's meals, I've decided to incorporate the food pyramid into it. I'll be using Canada's since well, I find it to be more balanced than the US version.

According to their guide I should be eating:

8 Servings of Veggies and Fruits
7 Servings of Grains
2 Servings of Milk Alternatives
2 Servings of Meat Alternatives

And my boyfriend should be eating:

10 Servings of Veggies and Fruits
8 Servings of Grains
2 Servings of Milk Alternatives
3 Servings of Meat Alternatives

If you want to know your numbers, go here. You can also make your own pyramid and fill it with the foods you like to eat. Posting it on the fridge can really help you get close to those numbers!

When I post my weekly meals, and recipes I'll include how many servings of each category are in one serving.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home